Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy Birthday, Filipino Librarian!

Wonder where I've been? Just around. Check my personal blog for the details. Nothing controversial or serious, but nevertheless, interesting.

So I'm putting aside my PAASCU-related post to greet Von Totanes congratulations. His blog, Filipino Librarian turned one year last February 18. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Von's been successful at improving the image of librarians not only locally, but globally as well. His blog is a very effective medium to promote to the Philippines and to the world that librarians are dynamic professionals. Aside from this, his blog has given many readers, Filipinos particularly, new perspectives about the profession. His postings are not only informational but entertaining too. Because of this, he has earned the readership of Pinoy celebrity bloggers like Sassy Lawyer, MLQ III and Rickey Yaneza.

On a personal note, I will forever be grateful for Von because he gave me the inspiration to blog about school librarianship when I was stricken with the trepidation to do so. As I once posted in The Coffee Goddess, he is one of my four blogger idols. At that time, Scott of American Idol Season 4 landed a slot at the final four of the competition. When Von, read my post, he gave a comment. He was glad, but hoped that he was not the Scott among the four.

Well Von, should you blog hop this way of the blogosphere, I reassure you that there is no Scott in the list of my blogger idols, and each of you I hold with great respect. More power to you and God bless!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...