Saturday, June 20, 2009

Time Traveling Librarian

It was early this year when I chanced upon Audrey Niffeneger's book, The Time Traveler's Wife, at Fullybooked. I included it in my mental list of "to read" for this year. Due to some budgetary constraints, I still have not acquired a copy.

I'm inclined to read the book because of it's theme and story line. It's a mixed genre of romance and science fiction, so it would make for an interesting read. What's more, the lead character, Henry DeTamble is a librarian.

I'm bent to get a copy. Even a second hand copy. After reading the Sookie Stackhouse series, I deserve a serious romance novel. Niffeneger's book was adapted into a movie, besides. Eric Bana plays Henry (yum!) and his leading lady, Rachel Adams portrays his wife Claire. Here's the trailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! a fellow librarian also thinks this novel is great. I would also like to have a copy for myself. Didn't know they made a film out of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...