Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fil-Am Writer Writes About Pancit


This news is something to smile about.

Paper Tigers has a blog post on the book, Cora Cooks Pancit, by Filipino-American writer, Dorina Lazo-Gilmore. So the story goes that Cora assisted her mother in cooking pancit (noodles) one day. I love pancit and I just had bihon for merienda (snack) today!

I wish to get a copy of the book to see and taste its Filipino-ness. Besides, I first learned to cook pancit bihon and pancit bicol from my mother.

Shen's Books, the publisher of Lazo-Gilmore has this to say about her --

Dorina K. Lazo Gilmore grew up in a Filipino-Italian family in the kitchen with her mama, aunties and grandmas. She loves to create healthy recipes and share stories in the kitchen with her friends and daughters. Dorina has a B.A. in English and Journalism and is completing an M.F.A. degree in Children’s Literature at Hollins University. She is also the author of two other children’s books, Children of the San Joaquin Valley and Stone Soup: A Hmong Girl’s Journey to the United States. Dorina is originally from Chicago and lives with her husband and two daughters in Fresno, California.

3 comments:

Color Online said...

Hi Zarah,

I followed your link from Chasing Ray. Please come Color Online. We're always hosting contests and challenges featuring POC books.

We Cora Cooks Pancit. A beautiful book.

faust said...

anyways ive linked the lovelibrarian at schoolsph just in case you didn't got the message in your facebook.. hehehe cheers!

Dorina Gilmore said...

Zarah,
Thanks for the post about my book. It also includes a recipe for pancit. I know there are hundreds of ways to cook pancit...so I had to share.
Salamat Po,
Dorina
www.shens.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...