Thursday, April 7, 2011

Live Blogging: With LDR, Philippine Children's Literature Champion

It's not every day that I get to see and chat with Lina Diaz de Rivera (LDR). She's my teacher and mentor in graduate school at the UP Diliman. I remember her well and her discriminating taste when it comes to literature.

In some ways, she's an influence in my pursuance to dwell deeper into the word of children's literature and Young Adult literature. What an engaging conversation we had this morning! Sadly, I could not attend her session because, my presentation on the Early Readers Online project coincides with her session on the Enduring Relevance of Rizal's The Monkey and the Tortoise.

LDR, is an honorary awardee of the PBBY for her pioneering work in teaching children's literature.

1 comment:

jers said...

Too bad she retired di ko siya naabutan sa Reading. Good thing, she trained another goddess to mentor budding gods and goddesses.

I was so thrilled when I gave her the book she wrote, and she willingly signed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...