Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beyond Librarianship: Information as a Way of life


I am not a speaker in this conference, but I'm helping it get more promotion. For one, I am attending the conference since it has a line-up of speakers that are non LIS professionals. It would be interesting to listen to them speak of issues close to the heart of LIS professionals. Indeed, the business of information is a concern of all.

Two areas I am keen on learning more are the copyright and intellectual property. Academic honesty is a pressing concern in my practice of school librarianship. Acquiring reproductions of texts, digitization and use of media in the classroom are guided by fair use. But, I want to listen to the speaker from FILCOLS.

For more information, go to the Filipinas Heritage Library's website.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...