Friday, July 26, 2013

Storytelling and Information Literacy Seminar-Workshop

I was at De La Salle Zobel twice last week!

Presenting my two new books, My Daddy! My One and Only! and A Tale of Two Dreams

I was there for a storytelling session with grade one students on July 15, a Monday. It was also the opening of DLSZ's celebration of National Children's Book Day (though they have a week long program of activities for all grade school students). I have been to the Primary Grades library several times but every time I'm there I see something new. This year, the librarians had enclosed an area for storytelling session complete with pillows and carpet. Mr. Jay Diola, the librarian assigned in the Primary Grades library made sure that every session with the grade one students were in order.

Then on Friday, July 19, I was back again at DLSZ for the MUNPARLAS seminar on Information Literacy. Thanks to Eric Ramos, librarian of the University of Perpetual Help for this wonderful write up.


I gave an assignment to the the participants at the end of my workshop. The first five school librarians who can submit an Information Literacy lesson plan will be given a free copy of my new book, A Tale of Two Dreams. The deadline for this is on July 31, 2013. I have received one lesson plan from a participant. Will post her lesson plan, and reveal her identity, in the blog next week.

I am waiting for four more.

A matrix of IL skills and lesson plan basics @ the IL seminar-workshop by MUNPARLAS






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...