Sunday, February 23, 2014

WRAD 2014: Raising Our Voices Blogging Challenge Week 2

Week 2: February 17 - 23
Adult & Child
Answering the following questions with a child. The child can be a student or your own. Age does not matter. Make sure to exchange and enjoy answers with one another before sharing them with us.
1. I think everyone in the world should read…
Me:
Child:
(repeat this format for the remaining questions)
2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…
3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…
4. The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is…
5. My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...

This blog activity for WRAD 2014: Raising Our Voices Blogging Challenge was fun to do. I had my two kids, Nico (16 years old) and Zoe (13 years old), join me in the interview. Here's the transcript below. 

1. I think everyone in the world should read:  

Me: My books, especially Tales From the 7,000 Isles (De Las Casas and Gagatiga, ABC CLIO 2011)! Hahahaha! 

Zoe: Dictionary, the Bible and Harry Potter

Nico: The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be:


Me: Harry Potter in British accent

Zoe:  Sandosenang Sapatos (OMF Hiyas) by Dr. Luis Gatmaitan

Nico: The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss and Alamat ng Ampalaya (Adarna House) by Augie Rivera
 

3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is: 

Me: I can't think of a favorite character right now, but when I read aloud I make sure I give my own rendition to the book's characters.

Zoe: Alexandra Trese by Budjette Tan.

Nico: A from Every Day by David Levithan
 
4. The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is:

Me: Gaiman and Rowling

Zoe: Roald Dahl

Nico: ...
 

5. My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is:

Me: I like hearing the words. It's like giving life to inanimate objects. The words come alive when one reads aloud.

Zoe: I feel the person reading aloud to me is being kind. I like reading aloud myself because I can express my self. I like listening to myself when I read aloud.

Nico: There is a bond between the person reading aloud and the listener during read aloud sessions. Creating this bond is special.

This blog activity for the 2nd week of WRAD 2014: Raising Our Voices Blogging Challenge inspires me to keep talking about books my "teens" have read and guiding them on further to make well informed reading choices. More reading aloud insights next week!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...