Thursday, January 7, 2016

Back At Work in the School Library

I am back at work since Monday. The first two days were spent going back to the to do list and gearing up for the next five months ahead. So far, I have been productive. The usual routines were easy to do and my staff was up to speed to clear out the circulation counter. We set up new book displays and informed the school community of books to read at the start of the year.

What is on our current display table are books that inspire, encourage one to make a resolution and keep it through the year, and move one to reflect on things past and present. I put in some poetry books as well as collections of short stories for students and teachers to read in between their busy week. It is grading week this week, so, teachers particularly are stressed.

Yesterday, I had a session with the seniors for their Extended Essay work. They are now nearing the end of their research journey. Majority of them are down to the revision process. Our reading passports from last Christmas break are trickling in and I am excited to read feedback from students.

This morning, we kicked off our Book Fair for A Cause initiative where book sellers, Scholastic, Adarna House and Lampara Books will be selling their books. Proceeds of the fair will benefit the classroom library project of the library for Loma Elementary School.

On the admin side of things, I might attend a professional development workshop this month. This one is a workshop that I am pretty excited to attend since it will focus on international school librarianship. There is also the PCNC accreditation I am looking forward to doing soon with a team of staff here in school. It is a lot of work, similar to PAASCU but, I find such tasks intellectually stimulating.

I think I am off to a good start at work. Happy new year! Happy new you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...