Sunday, June 11, 2017

From the Archives: #KwentoRP612 2016

I don't know what to write for this year's #KwentoRP612. 

I don't even know if I can participate this year, because, my plate is already pretty full. In fact, there are days when I don't know what task or work to prioritize. I feel spent and spread out thinly sometimes. 

But I believe in #KwentoRP612. I have great faith in the Filipino artist. I think artists and creatives need to continue to use the power of social media to influence and inspire others. 

For now, here's a rundown of the flash fiction and poetry I wrote for last year's #KwentoRP612.

The Little Sparrow - inspired by a real life event when Zoe and Papadoms found a bird that fell from its nest. I love birds and I see them as a good metaphor for freedom.

Papa Mia - Bullying and social adaptation hinders a child's growth and freedom to express one's self. Play can be a means to bounce back from challenges and helps children deal with difficult emotions. Play, either structured or free, eases many burdens. Play sets us free! It is also one of the ten basic rights of a child.

Midnight Monologue - is a poem about leave taking and how one's independence can be a personal responsibility.

Untitled - on exclusivity and how it enslaves and limits people.

Tay, Inom Tayo! - a father and son share a few beers to settle on a decision to leave the country for better opportunity abroad.

Not bad. 

Let's see what I can harvest this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...