Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows : In Memoriam

WARNING! If you have not read the book yet, please, do not scroll any further. This post contains spoilers.

I got my copy of the 7th Harry Potter book from the Scholastic warehouse in Pasig City on Saturday, July 21, 2007. I was there as early as 7.30 a.m. I was far away from the hub of activities that littered bookstores in celebration of its world wide release. There was a different feel of getting the book in the warehouse. Besides, I really didn't feel like sharing it yet with friends who are, like me, Potterrites. I wanted to relish the last book all to myself in peace and quiet. And I did. That is why I'm giving it a second reading.

For the mean time, please, allow me to grieve for these fallen warriors of wizarding Britain.

Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody.Your toughness and "constant vigilance" will always be remembered.




Fred Weasley. I wonder what your funeral would have been like. There would have been tears of, course, but there would have been more laughter.




Remus Lupin. I fell for you the first time you appeared in shabby, tatered clothes, sleeping in a compartment at Hogwarts Express. You were one of the best teachers Harry Potter ever had at Hogwarts.




Nymphadora Tonks Lupin. Just when motherhood is going to give you one of life's best gifts, you died with your hsuband in battle. I will miss the pink bubble gum hair, the clumsiness and the passion you had for seeking what you think Lupin deserves.




Dobby, Free Elf. For the many rescue operations you lent Harry, you are one of his heroes!




Hedwig, the Owl. Fly free to an uncaged land.

5 comments:

docemdy said...

I'm reading it a second time too. I'm saddest with the deaths of Moody and Dobby. And Moody's death was among the earliest in the book. He was one of my favorite characters in the book. The other deaths were not very dramatic. They were mentioned as mere casualties of the war.

I felt though that the epilogue was out of place and not necessary at all.

By the way, where's the Scholastic warehouse?

Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

hi! yeah, agree with lupin's and tonks' death. fred's death shattered me to bits.

i love the epilogue though, as i've always wanted hermione to end up with ron, and harry and ginny together. what i want to know are the things that happened to the caracters between the 19 years lull.

the warehouse is in c.raymundo ave., in pasig city.

auee said...

I cried buckets-load with Dobby & Fred's death. But I was left empty with Lupin's & Tonk's, no details, just 'dead'. They deserved more.

Anonymous said...

The epilogue could perhaps pave the way for another series of books? book 1 being a summary of what happen after the great war of hogwarts. and the succeeding books chronicling the children's adventures at the new hogwarts naman.hehe

literature dissertations said...

Topic is very good, Thank you very much for your information, nice job keep it up.
dissertation | english literature dissertation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...