Saturday, November 29, 2008

Storytelling For Growth & Healing

The storytelling workshop I conducted today at the University of North Eastern Philippines (UNEP) was an enjoyable and fruitful one. I learned from the participants two folk tales in Bicol. My mission to collect local history and folk tales has begun. This is meaningful to me since Iriga City is my mother's place of birth.

I hope to visit and collect tales in Cagayan Valley being my father's hometown. And then, there are other provinces to consider like Laguna, Batangas, Mindoro, Sagada...oh, the list goes on!

The closing remarks of Mrs. Delicia Alfelor-Tibi, UNEP's VP for Finance really made my day when she said that my surname is so easy to remember. "Zarah Grace," she said, "GAGA ka T(i)laGA!" I laughed so hard there were tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...