Friday, June 5, 2009

A Book. The Kiss. And some skin

Last Wednesday, I came home and found a package with my name on it. There was no return address so I was nervous and excited at the same time. I was transformed to Tatiana Del Torro upon opening the manila envelope. It's not everyday that I get a free book, you see. I could only think of the Filipino Librarian as the sender. Like a true librarian, he sure knows what book I will enjoy reading. To every reader is a book!

In The Stacks is an anthology of short stories about libraries and librarians. Edited by Michael Cart, it boasts of nineteen short stories by this century's premiere writers of fiction (so it says in the blurb). I will hold judgment as to how these writers perceive books, reading, libraries and librarians until the last story. I'm already on the third story in the collection and so far, it's been a satisfying read. Le Guin's The Phoenix left me puzzled. Yet, I am in awe of her discourse and her perspective to human nature's complexity. Calvino's A General In The Library is a timely read as I've been blogging about TGBB 2009.

Yes, yes! I will write a review. This is too good to pass.

So the same goes with the monumental "kissing" scene of Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. Well, at least, for me it is. I am a solid Ron-Hermione fan and I'm thrilled with the news. I hope it beats the Harry-Cho kissing scene from Order of the Phoenix!

Add the movie trailer of New Moon on the pile and my routine induced world shook a bit. Taylor Lautner showed some skin. Woof! Woof! Go Jacob!

2 comments:

vonjobi said...

hope you like the book!

Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

like? i LOVE it! it inspires me to write a librarian story :-) and it won't be autobiographical, huh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...