Friday, October 4, 2013

Teen Read Week 2013: Seek the Unknown @the Library

Oct. 13-19 is Teen Read Week. It is the YALSA's (Young Adult Library Service Association) initiative to promote reading among teens and make them use libraries. This year, YALSA sails into Teen Read Week with the theme: Seek the Unknown @the Library!

What discoveries have you made in the school library? What is it that you do not know but was able to know through the school library?

As for me, it is in the school library where I discovered the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. It's where I learned how to use the photocopying machine. I understood how a good set of encyclopedia can support my basic research and that, somewhere out there, knowledge and truth is shaped and changed, consumed and created. I never left the world of books and reading since then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...